7/31/2020 Update: Curbside service continues for Illinois cardholders & new mask procedures
Curbside service for Illinois medical cardholders only has been extended through August 31st. As instructed previously, please call ahead to schedule a curbside pickup time slot. Placement of online orders are required to participate. The wearing of face coverings at our dispensary will continue to be required until further notice. Our staff may request the lowering of masks for the purposes of verifying your identity. Furthermore, the state is requiring that we direct patrons to face security cameras for facial recognition purposes during said lowering of masks as well.
7/1/2020 Update: Curbside service continues for Illinois cardholders
Curbside service for Illinois medical cardholders only has been extended through July 31st. As instructed previously, please call ahead to schedule a curbside pickup time slot. Placement of online orders are required to participate. The wearing of face coverings at our dispensary will continue to be required until further notice. Our staff may request the lowering of masks for the purposes of verifying your identity.
5/30/2020 Update: Stay-at-home order ends and curbside service continues
Contrary to what was posted previously, the state has given notice that dispensaries are ALLOWED to continue with curbside service for Illinois medical cannabis patients through June 30th. Placement of an online order are required to be eligible. Please call us at 217-214-6337 prior to arriving so that you may schedule a curbside pickup time slot. Despite state reopening phases being underway, wearing of face coverings at our dispensary will remain required until further notice.
5/1/2020 Update: Curbside service extended for select individuals
For Illinois medical cannabis patients registered with us, we will continue to offer curbside service through May 30th. This complimentary service is available only to seniors and those with compromised immune systems that place an online order. Please call (217) 214-6337 ahead of time to schedule a pickup time slot.
4/24/2020 Update: Stay-at-home order extended and wearing face coverings or masks in public will be required
Per a new proclamation issued by Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzer, the stay-at-home order has been extended through May 30th, 2020. Beginning May 1st, 2020, individuals will also be required to wear a face covering or mask when in public places. This applies to the interior of the businesses as well. Individuals over two years of age and those who cannot medically tolerate a facial covering or mask are excluded. Herbal Remedies Dispensary will strictly enforce this mandate by requiring medical patients and recreational patrons to be wearing facial coverings or masks before entering the dispensary. We are continuing to encourage customers to limit visits to the dispensary by stocking up on items, given you remain within your purchase and possession limits.
3/23/2020 Update: IDPH announces automatic extensions of patient and caregiver cards set to expire before September 30, 2020
If your Illinois medical cannabis patient or caregiver card is set to expire between now and September 30, 2020, you will not be required to extend or renew it with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, the IDPH has decided to automatically issue one-year extensions to these select individuals. You will be issued a new card within the next few weeks that will add an additional year to your card term length. If your card expiration is dated after September 30, 2020, you are not eligible for the one-year extension at this time and must submit a renewal application and payment as usual. If you have already submitted a renewal application and payment, please understand that refunds are not allowed.
3/20/2020 Update: We will remain open with normal business hours
Despite COVID-19 “stay-at-home” directives from Governor J.B. Pritzker, Illinois dispensaries are considered an essential public service. Because of that, our medical and recreational facilities will maintain normal business hours until further notice. Please continue to follow our website and Facebook page for the latest updates.
3/16/2020 Update: COVID-19 protocols at the dispensary
We want to take a moment to reassure both our patients and recreational patrons that we are taking a number of precautionary measures in our dispensary during the current COVID-19 (or coronavirus) outbreak. In an effort to slow the progression of the virus, we are cleaning and sanitizing our facility on a frequent basis. Bottles of hand sanitizer are available in the dispensary to those that wish to use it. We also may limit how many individuals can be in our facility at a given time and implement social distancing (standing 6 feet apart or more from others while conversing). We will continue to operate during normal business hours. If that happens to change, we will announce it via our website, Facebook and our email newsletter.
If you are not feeling well or have been around someone who hasn’t felt well (these symptoms include, but are not limited to, a cough, fever, runny/stuffy nose, trouble breathing or sore throat), we encourage you to consider staying home. Online pre-ordering for pickup is currently available to only our medical patients at this time. We encourage our patients to utilize this feature to minimize their time in the dispensary. This is especially applicable to those with compromised immune systems.
There are a number of practices that you can take to mitigate this ever-expanding virus. Those include:
- Washing your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Avoid contact with sick individuals
- Staying home when you are sick or not feeling well
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Sanitize your medical card and/or license
We appreciate your understanding during this time. These efforts will make a profound difference in the spreading of COVID-19. We wish you the best health!
3/17/2020 Update: Now offering temporary curbside service for medical cannabis patients who are elderly or have a compromised immune system
In an effort to protect the health of Illinois medical cannabis patients during the current COVID-19 outbreak, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation is temporarily allowing dispensaries to offer curbside service to those patients who are elderly or have a compromised immune systems. Between now and March 30, 2020, if you are a medical cannabis patient or caregiver registered with Herbal Remedies Dispensary and are elderly or have a compromised immune system, curbside service will be made available to you.
How will this work?
- Use our online ordering system to place your order. By placing your order ahead of time, you know that what you are wanting will be here when you arrive. Also, you will know how much cash to bring with you to pay for your order – not including any discounts and 1% sales tax. If you do not have an online account, we encourage you to call the dispensary and speak with a dispensary technician who can take your order over the phone and answer any questions you might have.
- As usual, you will need to bring your patient/caregiver ID card and another form of photo ID with you.
- Upon arrival at the dispensary, please park as close to the medical dispensary as possible.
- Once parked, call the dispensary at 217-214-6337 to inform staff you have arrived.
- A dispensary staff member will greet you at your vehicle and collect from you:
- Patient/caregiver ID card and another form of photo ID
- Cash payment for cannabis medicine
- The dispensary staff member will return to the dispensary with your IDs and cash payment. Inside the dispensary, the staff member will perform the necessary steps to complete a compliant transaction.
- Once the dispensary staff member has completed the compliant transaction, they will return to your vehicle with your ID cards, medicine, receipt and cash change.
- This is a voluntary service being offered by the dispensary, with approval from IDFPR, and not a mandate. If this service becomes too difficult to manage, the dispensary will have to consider alternative measures to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff.
- As usual, all orders must be picked up same day.
- Delivery of cannabis products to one’s home will NOT be permitted.
- This temporary curbside service is not available to adult-use purchasers.
For those patients/caregivers who are NOT elderly or have a compromised immune system, we encourage you to continue coming into the dispensary for order pickup and consults. Again, to protect the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and staff members, we have implemented a social distance protocol of 6 ft. which has been mandated by IDFPR. Additionally, Herbal Remedies Dispensary is implementing a number of protocols that prioritizes the cleanliness of both our medical and adult-use dispensary. If you any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.