Start a Career in the Cannabis Industry
As the cannabis industry continues to grow, so does the need for knowledgeable and dependable dispensary staff. Herbal Remedies Dispensary is always looking for qualified and motivated individuals to join their team serving in a variety of capacities. Job seekers can expect to find both part-time and full-time positions, offering excellent compensation and benefits. If you are interested in working for us, we invite you to check this page often for our latest openings at the dispensary. See a position that piques your interest? We encourage you to apply online at your convenience. A hiring manager will be in touch soon after submission of your application should they wish to conduct an interview.
Current Job Openings
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Location: Quincy, IL
Job Classification: Hourly
Work Hours: PTE: <30 hours/week
Employment Type: Part-Time
Reports to: Agent-in-Charge
Positions Summary: The Dispensary Technician I is responsible for performing the daily order fulfillment, dispensing and inventory management of cannabis products within the Point of Sale (POS) area. This is an entry-level position for someone who has the desire to develop into a Dispensary Technician II role.
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitors online ordering software for incoming orders;
- Retrieves POS inventory needed to fill online/in-person orders and stages for pickup, all in an efficient and accurate manner and in accordance with established procedures;
- Processes patient/adult purchaser transactions, ensuring all items intended for purchase are identified and properly scanned; Collects and processes payment from patron and enters into register system (includes applying coupons, providing change and receipts); Maintains proper cash levels in register drawer;
- Executes activities related to store initiatives to offer patrons additional products and services (e.g., special sale items, upcoming classes, events, etc.)
- Package patron purchases for removal from the dispensary in accordance with state regulations;
- Manages inventory levels within the POS and alerts Agent-In-Charge when a specific product inventory is low, restock and organize POS accordingly;
- Stages cannabis products and accessories for display and dispensing, assuring highest quality in appearance and presentation
- Performs daily physical inventory counts within the POS in accordance with established procedures, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Escalate patron issues to Agent-in-charge when appropriate;
- Maintains a clean and safe work area;
- Assists in the receipt and processing of cannabis deliveries from licensed Illinois cultivation centers, including sorting, counting, bagging and labeling;
- Retains thorough and comprehensive knowledge of special sales, discounts and coupons;
- Balance the cash register and print an accurate closing report at end of shift
- Perform general reception duties including, but not limited to, answering and routing phone calls, and relaying messages in a timely manner
- Assist patrons with special needs
- Operate with integrity and honesty, adhering to all company policies and procedures as outlined in HRD’s Employee Handbook, Operations Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, training materials and other publications;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Excelling Dispensary Technician I’s have the potential for being promoted to part or full-time roles of Dispensary Technician II with increased compensation. These individuals consult one-on-one with patients/adults 21+ to recommend the appropriate cannabis products, consumption procedures, and proper dosing in accordance with established guidelines to ensure a positive experience.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Cannabis Dispensary Technician (a/k/a budtender) certification preferred, but not required
- Experience in the cannabis or healthcare industry highly desirable
- Knowledge of retail operations required; Retail experience desired
- Excellent cash-handling skills with the ability to accurately and efficiently count back change
- Efficient in operating a cash register to process sales; Point of Sale (POS) experience desired
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and math skills
- Introductory knowledge of methods of consuming with cannabis, the various cannabis strains, concentrates, and edibles with the desire to grow and develop in one’s cannabinoid and terpene knowledge base
- Demonstrated passion and excitement for advancing the cannabis movement.
- Solid computer skills at an intermediate level in MS Windows environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak with people from all walks of life with compassion, yet be a firm hand when coming to strict office policies
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated strong character and personality, ethics, good judgment and high standards of performance
- Demonstrated ability to be open minded, non-complacent, proactive, detail-oriented and organized
- Demonstrated willingness to roll up their sleeves and work hard; positive attitude with an enthusiastic, can-do outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work well in collaboration with others; ability to build relationships
- Gracefully handles stress and finds strength in appropriate change
- Ability to follow instructions and established policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to successfully pass a Livescan fingerprint-based criminal history check, clear of any felony convictions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to obtain an Agent ID card issued by the Illinois Department of Finance and Professional Regulations
- Must stay current and adhere to all policy and regulations of Illinois’s Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Program Act and the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
- Ability to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate effectively with employees, patients, visitors and public
- Fine visual acuity with the ability to adjust focus to inspect closely, ability to see color. Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations of facilities or structures
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires normal range of hearing with the ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a dispensary manager
- Pushing/pulling/carrying, with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Work is performed in a busy cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area may be odorous at times and very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with law enforcement and/or difficult patrons. Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays and/or events. Works with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation.