Budtender Training and Certification
Herbal Remedies Dispensaries, LLC has been serving medical cannabis patients since November 2015, the beginning of the State of Illinois medical cannabis program. Herbal Remedies is uniquely suited to offer this training and certification curriculum. Since program inception, Herbal Remedies has worked close with regulatory agencies, and gained in-depth knowledge and understanding of Illinois medical cannabis program.
This workshop will offer attendees the knowledge, skills and confidence to prepare themselves for a career in the cannabis industry.
- Budtenders must be educated about the appropriate use of cannabis
- Able to articulate to their patients how cannabis in influences the body physically and psychologically
- Able to distinguish the types of cannabis and the different therapeutic effects caused by consumption of the various types
- Must be familiar with the different delivery forms and the proper dosage. Budtenders are the social networkers, customer service representatives and teachers who help shape the future of medical cannabis.
Herbal Remedies Educational Center
4440 Broadway, Suite #6
Quincy, IL 62305
Sunday, March 25, 2018
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
with certification exam immediately following.
Registration begins at 9:30 AM
$179 by March 17, 2018
$229 after March 17, 2018
If you register by March 1, you will receive a free Trichome Institute‘s Interpening Kit, the ultimate resource for those who want to truly understand and develop their interpening skills. The kit includes an Interpening Weed Wheel, a Hash and Concentrates Wheel, an Interpening Loop, and an Interpening Guide. By utilizing all four resources, you’ll be able to understand your cannabis and its effects on you. A $49.95 value.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the workshop, attendees will be trained on various topics in order to be lawful, safe and knowledgeable sales representatives working behind the counter at a dispensary.
This workshop will cover several topics in the field, including:
- Illinois Medical Cannabis laws, rules, regulations and dispensary operations
- An overview of the history of Cannabis The current list of qualifying conditions under Illinois’ program The main cannabinoids found in cannabis and what each can do towards alleviating or minimizing symptoms
- The different forms of medical cannabis, strains and the expected effects
- How terpenes play a role in cannabis efficacy
- An introduction to the Human Endocannabinoid System and an understanding as to why our body responds to cannabis in the way that it does
- How to recommend the best product(s) based on patient needs and preferences
- How to explain and recommend appropriate medical cannabis dosing
- How to interview patients to understand their needs and goals with medical cannabis
- How to handle patient confidential information
- How to prepare for the job interview, along with resume tips
Co-founder and COO of Herbal Remedies Dispensary, will provide you with an overview of Illinois’ cannabis law, dispensary operations and share some interview tips to help you land your dream job. Chris has an extensive background in the legal and manufacturing industries, with special emphasis on Human Resources and corporate compliance. She played an instrumental role in writing the awarded dispensary application and has been overseeing the operations of Herbal Remedies Dispensary since 2015.
A certified budtender, will teach you everything you need to know to become a knowledgeable, compassionate medical cannabis budtender in Illinois. A patient herself, Kristin has first-hand knowledge of medical cannabis, its use and effects and is ready to pass on this inside knowledge to you. Kristin has worked
in the Illinois industry since 2015 at Herbal Remedies Dispensary in a lead role. Kristin will share with you what to expect from patients and how to address them.
Attendees will get to experience patient interaction through a situational role play exercise.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to see and touch different medical delivery systems used by patients and sample packaging of medicated products to illustrate labeling, dosing, branding, cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
At the end of the workshop, you will be given a certification exam, that you must pass (75%) in order to receive your Herbal Remedies Budtender Certification.