Qualifying As A Patient
In order to get a medical cannabis qualifying patient card, some basic qualifications must be met.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Illinois state resident with proof of residency
- Diagnosis of a qualifying medical condition
- Doctor’s certification
Final things to check
Before submitting an application it’s good practice to double check that all required documents are accounted for. This will ensure timely processing of the application and avoid easy mistakes.
- Physician Written Certification Form
- Qualifying Patient Application Form (Complete & Signed)
- Application fee
- Photograph (Passport Compliant)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Age & Identity
- Fingerprint Consent Form & Receipt
- DD214 (if veteran)
- Caregiver application (if applicable)
- Designated Caregiver Application (for minor use) *
* For parents attempting to access medical cannabis for their children, two physician are required, with the parent or legal guardian serving as primary caregiver for the patient.
Application Forms & Delivery
Patients must mail their application, fees, and required documents (pdf) below.
- Qualifying Patient Application Form
- Physician-Certification Form (submitted by physician only)
- Caregiver Application Form
- Fingerprint Consent Form
- Medical Cannabis Dispensary Selection Form
Mail Application to:
Illinois Department of Public Health
Division of Medical Cannabis
535 W. Jefferson St.
Springfield, IL 62761-0001