The Dispensary Technician is responsible for providing a compassionate, quality, knowledgeable experience to all of our patients at the point of sale.
The Dispensary Technician will facilitate the day-today operations of the dispensary, collaborating with department managers and affecting all strategies and tasks related to the facility, including patient education pertaining to federal and state cannabis laws, the various medical cannabis products offered and recommending appropriate cannabis products, medication procedures and proper dosing to ensure a positive patient experience for their medical condition.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet and conduct new patient registration and verification with compassion, warmth and gentleness, in accordance with established procedure.
- Maintain patient database files and ensure all documents are current.
- Provide exceptional service to all patients; act as a resource for HRD policies/procedures and Illinois cannabis laws, regulations and any updates thereof; ensure all patients understand and follow HRD policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge on the various strains of Cannabis offered through the dispensary; Researches new and future strains, to be better familiar with the variety of products that are currently sold or will be sold.
- Possess a general knowledge of the approved qualifying medical conditions in order to have an understanding of the patient’s symptoms and treatment objectives.
- Utilizes well-versed knowledge on all Cannabinoids and how they affect the body.
- Educate patients on the various medical cannabis products offered to ensure all patients are receiving the correct medication that will best help their illness and/or condition.
- Recommend appropriate cannabis products, medication procedures and proper dosing in accordance with established guidelines to ensure positive patient experience.
- Creates and verifies patient order invoices with patient before preparation to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct patient follow-ups in accordance with established procedures to ensure patient experience with cannabis products and services meets and/or exceeds patient expectations; Document patient feedback using POS software immediately following conversation; Report any adverse/negative feedback to manager.
- Conduct each day’s beginning/ending physical inventory of medical cannabis products in a timely and accurate manner, following established procedures; investigate any identified discrepancies and bring to resolution within 48 hours of finding.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining stock room and inventory, and maintains labeling system of each in-stock item, sample items and items to be destroyed.
- Assist in the receiving process of medical cannabis deliveries from licensed Illinois cultivation centers.
- Receive store and inventory supplies; unpack, sort, count and label merchandise, including items requiring special handling; notify management when levels are low.
- Restock and organize POS work station prior to dispensary opening in accordance with established procedure.
- Prepare medicated products and accessories for display and dispensing, assuring highest quality in appearance and presentation.
- Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and make/provide change for purchases; Maintain proper cash levels in register drawer.
- Balance the cash register and printing an accurate closing report at end of shift.
- Perform general reception duties including, but not limited to, answering and routing phone calls, and relaying messages in a timely manner.
- Assist with all dispensary housekeeping functions (i.e. cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.) to ensure an overall cleanliness of the limited/restricted access areas, waiting room area, restroom and break room;Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Assist patients with special needs.
- Operate with integrity and honesty, adhering to all company policies and procedures as outlined in HRD’s Employee Handbook, Operations Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, training materials and other publications.
- Retains thorough and comprehensive knowledge of special sales, discounts, and coupons.
- Escalate patient issues to Supervisor when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dispensary Manage.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Cannabis Dispensary Technician (a/k/a budtender) certification required.
- Experience in the medical cannabis or healthcare industry highly desirable.
- Knowledge of retail operations required; Retail experience desired.
- Excellent cash handling skills with the ability to accurately and efficiently count back change.
- Efficient in operating a cash register to process sales; Point of Sale (POS)experience desired.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and math skills.
- Extensive knowledge about different cannabis strains, concentrates, and edibles.
- Demonstrated passion and excitement for advancing the medical cannabis movement.
- Solid computer skills at an intermediate level in MS Windows environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak with people from all walks of life with compassion, yet be a firm hand when coming to strict office policies.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong character and personality, ethics, good judgment and high standards of performance.
- Demonstrated ability to be open minded, non-complacent, proactive, detail-oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated willingness to roll up their sleeves and work hard; positive attitude with an enthusiastic, can-do outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in collaboration with others; ability to build relationships.
- Gracefully handles stress and finds strength in appropriate change.
- Ability to follow instructions and established policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently.
- Work is performed in a busy medical cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area may be odorous at times and very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with law enforcement and/or difficult patrons. Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays and/or events.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will”
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation.